I just completed Upgrading Sp2013 Server, farm is healthy and all the services are working as expected. At the mean time i was going through the upgrade logs from last week and found out pretty interesting things, specifically related to UpgradeWorkflowService Activities. In the Upgrade Log i saw this Warning:
Error UpgradeWorkflowServiceActivities. Run Copy-SPLocalActivitiesToWorkflowService manually to complete this action. Error: Microsoft.Workflow.Client.InvalidRequestException: Failed to query the OAuth S2S metadata endpoint at URI 'https://departmentsdev.xyz.com/_layouts/15/metadata/json/1'. Error details: 'An error occurred while sending the request.'. HTTP headers received from the server - ActivityId: 6a5d551d-b6c6-4756-9ab9-f0085c9a1252. NodeId: WSS00035D04. Scope: /SharePoint. Client ActivityId : fe83fc07-13fb-4148-a998-fc619375f097. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. at Microsoft.Workflow.Common.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult result) at Microsoft.Workflow.Client.HttpGetResponseAsyncResult`1.End(IAsyncResult result) at Microsoft.Workflow.Client.ClientHelpers.SendRequest[T](HttpWebRequest request, T content) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.Workflow.Client.ClientHelpers.SendRequest[T](HttpWebRequest request, T content) at Microsoft.Workflow.Client.WorkflowManagementClient.SendRequest[T](HttpWebRequest request, T content) at Microsoft.Workflow.Client.ScopeManager.PublishScopeInternal(ScopeDescription description, String pathSegments) at Microsoft.Workflow.Client.ScopeManager.Publish(ScopeDescription description) at Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices.StoreWorkflowDeploymentProvider.UploadLocalActivities(String serviceAddress, ICredentials workflowServiceCredentials, String activityName, Boolean force) at Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices.WorkflowServiceUpgraders.UpgradeWorkflowServiceActivities(WorkflowServiceApplicationProxy proxy, Object target, SPLog Log)
While Upgrading Sp1 in my Farm i didnt do anything With Workflow Server we have WSS00035D04. Did i miss something, are workflow servers required to be patched.
I checked the Workflows in our site collection and created new Workflows using sharepoint designer, things are working as expected.
So my only question is what does this error above is referencing to and if Workflow Servers needs to be patched during Sp1 upgrade, if yes can you guide me into it.