I'm trying to programatically edit a page that is being transitioned from server #1 to server #2, #3... etc.
I tried including the page inside a module, and later on opening it and extracting its text... I was mortified to realize that all the content in the file, inside of the tags, had been stripped out.
$enc = New-Object system.text.asciiencoding $file=$web.RootFolder.SubFolders['SitePages'].Files['test.aspx'] $bytes=$file.OpenBinary() $result=$enc.GetString($bytes) # Only returns a little
I have not been able to find all of that content (headings and several list web parts). I've gotten close to finding it when I discovered that an SPFile for the page kinda had some content...
This contains several divs, a table, and all of the headers... and couple of divs that contain GUIDs in their .id and .class attributes that point towards the list views that were in the original file...
But alas, the rest of the contents of these files are nowhere else to be found.
I have no idea where I'm looking for the contents of the file here. I'm at a total loss.