I ran into a weird issue in one of the Site collection on my farm. I have 4 different Web apps and 4 site collections underneath them. Today i tried to browse the top level site of a Site collection , it si throwing http 404 error, whereas on other sites in same server are working fine.
Then i went to manage web application in central admin and looked into the View all Site Collections Link where i found out top level site was missing "/" was missing on top. then i checked other sites underneath that same site collections, they are working as expected.
Then i went to another web application and checked next site collection top level site is there "/".
Is there a way we can receover that top level site of the effected Site Collection.