My problem is simple and i was expecting to get a simple solution too. Instead, i already spent days looking of the reason why i get this error and possible solutions.
- I followed these steps to setup my apps: sharepointchick.com/archive/2012/07/29/setting-up-your-app-domain-for-sharepoint-2013.aspx
- My sharepint domain is http://intranet.maindomain.org
- My app domain is http://apps.otherdomain.org
- App prefix is app
- Created the very basic project from VS with the OTB sharepoint-hosted app. There is a simple call to get the identity of the login user, and i added an extra call to read from existing SP list.
- I give manage rights to web scope
- Deploy the app from VS to my on-premise server, trust the app... and then i am asked to login.
- If i try accessing my app page from a different browser i will be asked to login to my app again.
- If another user opens the app he will be prompt to enter his credentials too.
All steps like scenario 1
Add a new ClientWebPart
Deploy from VS, trust the app and without logging in to the app, add it inside an existing page. Will get a x-frame-option=Sameorigin.
If I login to the app and then re-load the page hosting the app everything is fine and the app is fully functional.
Is this normal that all users must login to the app before they are able to use it? Can anyone identify what am i doing wrong ?
I can find many resources explaining how to setup and configure the apps for development but cant find anything clear about simple deployment. Needless to say that the exact same dev proceedures for sharepoint online works flowlessly.