I have an ASP.NET 4.5 website and I want to deploy it to SharePoint 2013 using Visual Studio 2012. How to do this? Can someone please explain this process in detail if possible.
You can choose creating and deploying on-premises provider-hosted app for SharePoint. In this you can use can deploy a provider hosted app to redirect users to your site. For details check :
Another option would be you can convert you asp.net site package to Sharepoint deployment package. You can follow the step from here :
All is same as local IIS deployment.
Just need to modify
web.config by adding some settings in
appsettings section as follows:
- add key="isDeploy" value="true"/>
- add key="FTPServer" value="ipAddressOfServer"/>
- add key="PortNumber" value="portnumber"/>
- add key="FTPUserName" value="yourremotemachinename"/>
- add key="FTPPassword" value="yourpasswordofremoteconnection"/>