I created the ECT with a Custom Impersonated ID so it is connecting to the SQL Database with a specific ID and PW for the SQL DB not through windows Authentication. I created the External list successfully but when trying to view the App it gives this error: `
Cannot connect to the LobSystem (External System). Reason: 'A network-related or instance -specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)' `
I found this link that was three years ago, Problems configuring External List on Sharepoint Foundation 2010 and I think it might be similar, but the only solution I took from it was modifying the SQL server.
I haven't turned on the diagnostics because I am working with a team that has the access to Central Administration. I was hoping you might have some experience to share with this situation. Thanks