I'm developing a solution in SharePoint 2010 that deploys a content type. I've now made a change to the content type and want to delete all its old references, remove it, and redeploy.
Unfortunately when I try to delete the content type, either from the UI or code, I get the error:
SPException: The content type "XYZ" is part of an application feature.
I've tried the following steps:
- deleted all lists referencing the content type
- emptied the site level and site collection level recycle bin
- deactivated the feature from the UI and command-line using
- uninstalled the feature from the command-line using
- uninstalled the solution
- reinstalled the solution and performed all of the above again
Still it will not be moved!