I have created a cube in SQL Server 2014 using the Adventure Works database and following the tutorial on msdn. Next, I deployed it through Analysis service to integrate it with Dashboard Designer on Sharepoint 2013. However, I could not succeed.
I know for sure that the cube is deployed fine for two reasons:
- I strictly followed the tutorial.
- I connected the cube with Excel using the analysis service successfully.
My futile attempts to resolve the issue after research are as follows:
- I changed the web config file to modify the versions under runtime.(suggested here)
- Restarted the performancepoint services twice.
- Used the standard connection option as well as the connection string.
- I checked the security rights of the cube and assigned Everyone the rights temporarily.
The drop down return empty list in databases and empty list in cube too. It does not give any error, just loads and gives an empty list.