I am having a situation where I need to manage single feature for multiple site collections in a farm environment. Situation is as described below.
- I will create 3 web applications and for each web application there will be corresponding site colection(assume site A,site B,site C)
- There is a feature named "Base".
- Base feature has 4 lists (a,b,c,d). The list "a" has few items (x,y,z). Basically it will be in feature folder present under 14 hive
- Now I will activate this on site A.
- Now I want to do some changes to same feature by adding few more lists and will change the contents of the list "a". This one I want to activate on site B
- If I try to reinstall the feature, it will overwrite the old one.
My question is, will it affect on site A on which we have activated the old feature?
Is there any good way to achieve this?