I was able to successfully develop and test a BDC model developed in visual studio 2010. It was developed on a server using SharePoint Server 2010. I tried deploying the solution to our SharePoint Foundation 2010 Farm and receive an error stating that Microsoft.Office.SharePoint.ClientExtensions cannot be found.
I installed the dll in GAC of all the web front end servers and the Microsoft.Office.Server dll. even after restarting the timer services and resetting IIS I still receive the same error. I even copied the DLL in the SharePoint ISAPI folder. I don't understand how to get this deployed. I found a workaround on the internet but the custom code download page returns a 404 so I can't implement the solution.