I have a list of links that I want each of my users to be able to customize in several ways:
- There will be a "master" list of links which are security trimmed by groups
- Users should be able to change the order in which the links are listed
- Users should be able to add custom links to the list, which only they have access to, and can change or delete
What I currently have is my "master" list of security trimmed links, accomplished via a "Group" column that a workflow reads to set the permissions for a given list item.
What I still need is a way to:
- Keep a second list of per-user, user-specified links that will eventually aggregate with the "master" list of links
- Save the sort order of the aggregated list of "master" and user-created, security-trimmed links
Don't worry about any of the client-side of things, I'm still trying to grasp the concept of SharePoint lists and what they're capable of, and just need to figure out the best way to structure my data.
Thank you very much for your assistance!