What topics can I ask about here?
We accept questions about the SharePoint platform. This is defined as the functionality within:
- SharePoint server range of products (i.e. SharePoint Foundation and Server, SharePoint Online)
- Project Server and Project Online
- Microsoft SharePoint Tools like InfoPath, SharePoint Designer , Power Automate , Power Apps ..etc
We also accept questions about community-owned, open-source products based on the platform. We don't accept questions about commercial products that integrate with, run on top of, or extend the platform.
Questions can come from a variety of different roles... developers, admins and end-users are all welcome to ask questions here! For example:
- Programming using the SharePoint web services or object model
- Configuring your site, setting up permissions, and adding web parts
- Using document libraries and lists
If your question is not specifically on-topic for SharePoint Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.
For more help, see "What types of questions should I avoid asking?"