438 reputation
310
bio website
location Milwaukee, WI
age 35
visits member for 3 years, 11 months
seen Oct 4 at 20:28

Using the interwebs to find cool stuff!


Sep
24
awarded  Autobiographer
Sep
12
awarded  Popular Question
Jul
22
awarded  Notable Question
Nov
21
awarded  Popular Question
Nov
1
awarded  Yearling
May
30
awarded  Popular Question
Jan
19
comment How do I enable “Open in Explorer”?
Are you using a version of Internet Explorer? That option would be grayed out with Firefox, Chrome, etc.
Dec
22
answered find whether the current user is a member of a specific audience?
Dec
21
answered Expanding and collapsing sharepoint webparts
Dec
15
answered URL rewriter and Sharepoint 2010
Dec
14
answered Missing 1033 Directory in SharePoint 2010 URLs
Dec
13
comment HttpModule does not register
I personally use the .browser method for publishing sites. I remove the redirects for mobile browsers. Therefore mobile browsers receive the full site. Then I use media queries in the CSS to make my pages look nice in mobile browsers. The biggest downside to this might be file size, but it does allow anonymous access, and will show all the webparts.
Dec
13
awarded  Yearling
Dec
13
answered Convert Word Documents to Wiki Pages
Dec
7
answered How to set CSS class of a ContentByQueryWebpart?
Dec
7
comment List view caching on publishing page
If you are a Site Admin you can go to Site Actions > Site Settings. From there in the bottom right should be a section called Site Collection Administration. Click on Site collection output cache. The first couple of items should tell you. Is Enable output cache checked? If so, try unchecking it. That will disable caching. Are the profiles listed for Default Page Output Cache Profile something other than Disabled? If so you can go into the Cache Profiles page (from the site settings page) to see how the profiles are setup.
Dec
6
answered List view caching on publishing page
Dec
6
answered SharePoint 2010 custom 401 error page on authenticated site
Nov
30
comment CQWP Audience Targeting Not Working
This is really bugging me because i do this all the time. I am trying to reproduce the issue and cannot. So instead of trying things here and there this is what I did with a new Audience and a new webpart. 1. Create a new Audience. Add the Rules, and Compile the Audience. 2. Added a new CQWP and and checked the two checkboxes in the answer below. 3. Added the Target Audiences existing fiedl to a list, and targeted to my new group. As expected everything worked fine. The only thing that wouldn't make my test work is not compiling the audience.
Nov
30
answered CQWP Audience Targeting Not Working