171 reputation
212
bio website nowebsite...
location Caracas, Venezuela
age 26
visits member for 3 years
seen Jan 26 at 10:49

An enterpreneur by trade, a Software Engineer by studies and a Manager by choice. I develop web applications in .NET and explore the intricacies of Windows Azure.


Sep
2
revised Office Client Apps crash when opening SharePoint files
added 65 characters in body
Sep
2
comment Office Client Apps crash when opening SharePoint files
@Rob - No errors, just a straight application crash. The only thing I just realized is that it happens when I try to edit the document. So if the copy of office is configured to show in protected view first, it will open the file and when I click 'Enable Editing' crash. If it is configured to open the file directly, it will crash as soon as it is opened with a non-specific error
Sep
2
comment Office Client Apps crash when opening SharePoint files
@Dave - Office 2010 (both Standard and Professional Plus). It happens with both files formats.
Sep
2
comment Office Client Apps crash when opening SharePoint files
It happens on every computer I have tried. Some are running office 2010 Standard, others PRofessional Plus. - If I open the files locally, they open perfectly. How can I re-install the sharepoint add-on?
Sep
1
asked Office Client Apps crash when opening SharePoint files
Aug
31
comment Add a List from another site as a SP Designer 2010 REST Data Source
Yes, there were spaces. After I deleted them it worked. My problem now is with authentication. Since the SP site collection does not allow anonymous access I need to provide a username and password that would be stored as plaintext which would be a security fail
Aug
29
awarded  Supporter
Aug
27
comment Add a List from another site as a SP Designer 2010 REST Data Source
@Chris When I try that, I get a list with a bunch of collections, including the one I'm trying to read
Aug
27
comment Add a List from another site as a SP Designer 2010 REST Data Source
I'm connecting to a SP Server in another computer. And what I see in the browser is: <error xmlns="schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/…; <code/> <message xml:lang="en-US"> Resource not found for the segment 'Name of List'. </message> </error>
Aug
25
asked Add a List from another site as a SP Designer 2010 REST Data Source
Apr
12
awarded  Autobiographer