140 reputation
9
bio website
location
age
visits member for 1 year, 8 months
seen Aug 20 at 15:16

Aug
6
comment people picker not resolving names correctly
It turns out there was an upgrade performed on our active directory which involved removing a DNS server. I am not 100% sure either of these were the cause, but it was about the same time we started having the problem with the people picker. The next day, the people picker started working again.
Jul
31
comment Can I change the contenttype of an existing global reusable SPD workflow?
We had an issue with (non-global) reusable workflows. All of the WFs, originally showing the content type name in this field, now show "all". No one did anything to the system, it was like SP just did it on its own. My thread is here: sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/110358/…
Jul
30
comment people picker not resolving names correctly
I test my name and it says "No exact match was found" even though the correctly resolved name shows up in the box. I checked the logs with verbose enabled and there is nothing. One thing I noticed is if I click the check names icon twice, it resolves. I think I need to bounce the server...
Jul
30
comment people picker not resolving names correctly
We are on SP 2010
Jul
30
comment people picker not resolving names correctly
I'll give it a try. Thanks!
Jul
30
comment people picker not resolving names correctly
That has to do with the FIM service, which I know has something to do with UPS. I don't know if that would cause the issue with the domain user not showing up. They are all in SP user profile manager. I ran stsadm -o getproperty -pn peoplepicker-searchadforests and it returned <Property Exist="No" />
Jul
30
comment people picker not resolving names correctly
The only thing I see in the event vwr is this, right around the time I ran the incremental sync: The management agent "MOSS-9f8a847e-cecb-4a18-8b16-f94901952bee" completed run profile "MOSS_DELTASYNC_58b4b501-b81c-44ca-b1c2-f89bb7802369" with a delta import or delta synchronization step type. The rules configuration has changed since the last full synchronization. User Action To ensure the updated rules are applied to all objects, a run with step type of full synchronization should be completed
May
23
comment Rich text editor column stripping URL from hyperlink pointing to network location
Bummer. Thanks for your response!
May
19
comment SharePoint content database DocStreams table very large
I will check out this information. Thanks!
May
19
comment SharePoint content database DocStreams table very large
I checked the differences between 2007 and 2013. I would put 2007 at about 90-100GB and 2013 at 163GB. I will monitor it's growth from this point on. Thanks for the information. It was very helpful.
Apr
24
comment Incorrect user name displaying on page
The problem was our F5 load balancer. It required configuration changes to work with Kerberos/SharePoint 2013. From F5's documentation: If the OneConnect feature is used with a SharePoint web application that is configured for Kerberos authentication, AND the SharePoint servers are using Windows 2012 or 2012 R2 (or if using Windows 2008 R2, the AuthPersistNonNTLM value is set to true), clients may experience issues with authentication after deploying the iApp template for either SharePoint 2010 or 2013. They have instructions in their documentation on how to solve the problem
Apr
15
comment Incorrect user name displaying on page
This problem was resolved. I was able to get SP to work with Kerberos. It turns out there was a problem with our load balancer. When I edited my local host file and pointed it to a WFE, bypassing the load balancer, the problem disappeared!
Apr
3
comment Logged in user changes automatically on page refresh
Dibyendu is suggesting the problem might be Kerberos because that was in fact my issue (see the linked post). Once I flipped it to NTLM, the problem went away.
Apr
3
comment Incorrect user name displaying on page
I called Microsoft and the engineer determined the problem was being caused by Kerberos. He said the SPNs were probably not set up correctly. Once I switched the site to NTLM, the problem went away. I don't have the option to post this as the answer for some reason...
Apr
1
comment Using a temporary DNS/host header for SharePoint 2013
Thanks! The link is where I got the info. I just wanted to make sure. Appreciate it.
Mar
27
comment Incorrect user name displaying on page
After restarting the DC cluster yesterday, the problem seemed to have gone away. However, the problem just came back this morning.
Mar
27
comment Incorrect user name displaying on page
Some sites do have jquery, but most don't. The problem even occurred while using OOB pages like editing a list view
Mar
27
comment Incorrect user name displaying on page
I did shut down MDS on one site due to problems with editing and saving list views. I think my problem pointed more to the DC, however, but I'll keep this in mind.
Mar
26
comment Incorrect user name displaying on page
OK, I have been in the site for about 20 minutes clicking all around and it seems like the problem is gone since I stopped the Distributed Cache. I'll make this as the answer and post later what I did to resolve it. Thanks again Steven!
Mar
26
comment Incorrect user name displaying on page
I stopped the Distributed Cache on the 2 WFEs. I see if the problem goes away and get to you. Thanks!