111 reputation
7
bio website
location
age
visits member for 1 year, 4 months
seen Apr 17 at 17:18

Apr
15
comment Incorrect user name displaying on page
This problem was resolved. I was able to get SP to work with Kerberos. It turns out there was a problem with our load balancer. When I edited my local host file and pointed it to a WFE, bypassing the load balancer, the problem disappeared!
Apr
3
comment Logged in user changes automatically on page refresh
Dibyendu is suggesting the problem might be Kerberos because that was in fact my issue (see the linked post). Once I flipped it to NTLM, the problem went away.
Apr
3
comment Incorrect user name displaying on page
I called Microsoft and the engineer determined the problem was being caused by Kerberos. He said the SPNs were probably not set up correctly. Once I switched the site to NTLM, the problem went away. I don't have the option to post this as the answer for some reason...
Apr
1
comment Using a temporary DNS/host header for SharePoint 2013
Thanks! The link is where I got the info. I just wanted to make sure. Appreciate it.
Apr
1
accepted Using a temporary DNS/host header for SharePoint 2013
Apr
1
asked Using a temporary DNS/host header for SharePoint 2013
Mar
27
comment Incorrect user name displaying on page
After restarting the DC cluster yesterday, the problem seemed to have gone away. However, the problem just came back this morning.
Mar
27
revised Incorrect user name displaying on page
added 138 characters in body
Mar
27
comment Incorrect user name displaying on page
Some sites do have jquery, but most don't. The problem even occurred while using OOB pages like editing a list view
Mar
27
revised Incorrect user name displaying on page
added 138 characters in body
Mar
27
comment Incorrect user name displaying on page
I did shut down MDS on one site due to problems with editing and saving list views. I think my problem pointed more to the DC, however, but I'll keep this in mind.
Mar
26
comment Incorrect user name displaying on page
OK, I have been in the site for about 20 minutes clicking all around and it seems like the problem is gone since I stopped the Distributed Cache. I'll make this as the answer and post later what I did to resolve it. Thanks again Steven!
Mar
26
comment Incorrect user name displaying on page
I stopped the Distributed Cache on the 2 WFEs. I see if the problem goes away and get to you. Thanks!
Mar
26
comment Incorrect user name displaying on page
I had some errors in the ULS about Distributed Cache, but I ran use-cachecluster, checked the health, and everything looked good with it. I don't recall the errors now. I didn't mess with Get-SPSecurityTokenServiceConfig. I'll check your links.
Mar
26
revised Incorrect user name displaying on page
added 111 characters in body
Mar
26
asked Incorrect user name displaying on page
Mar
25
comment SharePoint 2013 SSRS installation problems
It must have been removed already.
Mar
24
asked Cannot find site lookup info for request Uri - Error
Mar
23
accepted SharePoint 2013 SSRS installation problems
Mar
21
answered SharePoint 2013 SSRS installation problems