Tag Info

New answers tagged

1

In Sharepoint 2013 one thing called App Step and that it is a mechanism provided to developers of SharePoint 2013-platform workflows (Designer workflows or Visual Studio workflows) to elevate permission of the workflow. you have to do following steps. Allow workflow to use app permissions. Grant full control permission to workflow. Develop the workflow to ...


1

Sharepoint workflows have always run under the context of the user who initiated the workflow process. There were ways to run as the system account in 2007 but that was removed. In 2010 there are impersonation steps that allow actins to run under the context of the person who publishes the workflow. I believe the impersonation steps exist in 2013 as well.


0

Would you like a PowerShell solution for your query? Once you deploy your wsp package you can run a Tiding up PowerShell script which can take care of all such requirements. Make a PowerShell script file, and write all the functional logic which you want to achieve on top of wsp package. Removing content type can be one of it. Below is a server side ...


0

Finally I found it, apparently this does work but thows an error: this.oListItem = oList.getItemById(1); ctx.load(this.oListItem); ctx.executeQueryAsync( Function.createDelegate( this, function () { console.log("scriptAddMenuToListView.js: AppWebUrl successfully retrieved from lstAppData..."); var xAppWebUrl = ...


1

You definitely need both the https and an app catalog on your office 365 (SharePoint Online) site to resolve the "Connecting to SharePoint" issue in Visual Studio.


0

Microsoft have deprecated support for Sandbox code solutions. You only have 1 choice for farm development and that is to install VS on a SharePoint server. Link I would not recommend installing it on a production server. If you need to do development on SharePoint then you would be better looking at Virtualization.


0

This error typically arises when we try to access a field that was not requested. Try below ctx.load(this.oListItem, 'Include(xValue)');


0

You can create the workflows in visual studio, as we know you can do this in SPD but someone sometime prefer the tool in which he is more comfortable, Workflows are created in one of three ways: Out-of-the-box SharePoint workflows that can be configured through a Web browser. SharePoint Designer workflows can be further customized with logic built-in. ...


0

If you're using Visual Studio 2010, it's not possible. But if you use Visual Studio 2012 or 2013 you can publish Sandboxed Solutions to a SharePoint Farm. I don't really know if it works on SharePoint 2010, but it's worth a try. Your second option would be to use SharePoint Designer 2010, but that limits you to client side technologies.


0

I just had this issue too. I don't know what was the problem exactly, but once I have logged off and log in again, this problem was gone. Probably it was because I changed password recently....


2

You can get Distinct values for email column from your SharePoint list using below mentioned code. i had showed how to insert the distinct email values in drop down list. you can change the code accordingly. try { SPList oList = SPContext.Current.Web.Lists["Your List Nmae Here"]; SPQuery query = new SPQuery(); query.Query = "<OrderBy><FieldRef ...


1

I don't know if it is possible with CAML, but this should work: var emails = List.getItems(querysp).OfType<SPListItem>().Select(item => "" + item["email"]).Distinct();


0

Select the project file in Solution Explorer and press F4 (or View, Properties Window). In the properties which appear in the new window, there is a Site URL:


0

The solution was found on MSDN forums: Run services.msc and start the following services: SharePoint Administration SharePoint Timer Service Then, in IIS Manager, restart SharePoint applications. If the startup type is set to Manual, change it to Automatic to avoid the error in the future.


0

You probably can retrieve the value from list A by using a HttpSend activity in your workflow. I only tried this for an app I created in Visual Studio, but the logic probably is the same for SPD as well. Steps I took: Get the site Url with the LookupWorkflowContextProperty activity --> gives xSiteUrl (probably you can omit this step, but it's necessary in ...



Top 50 recent answers are included