New answers tagged

1

Based on the error status, SharePoint is saying no personal site exists for the user. Did you check whether Mysites is properly configured and you are able to access the page? I have faced the same issue and resolved it by recreating the User Profile in my dev UPA You can also try some of the solutions proposed here ...


1

If you can read the line above the form, It is clearly mentioned that Use this page to edit this user profile by changing values for the following properties. Properties that are mapped to the external data source will be overwritten the next time user profiles are imported. The icon indicates that each property of your user profile is mapped with some ...


4

The issue is that your Forest Name and NetBIOS name are different. You have to follow the guide from Spence Harbar: http://www.harbar.net/articles/sp2010ups.aspx . It was written for 2010 but still applies to 2013. After you create the UPA and before you import profiles you have to set NetBIOSDomainNamesEnabled to true. $upsa = Get-SPServiceApplication –Id ...


0

after thorough analysis, i have found that the CSOM version in my tenant is not up to date with the script provided in dev.office.com. the recommendation here would be that you should make sure the newly released snippets/solutions are compatible with you tenant before we actually jump in. Especially, if you tenant is not in first release mode for changes ...


3

Your code is fine. I would not attempt to circumvent the problem as it may be telling you that there is in fact something wrong with your setup. There are many reports (I've experienced this myself) where the User Profile Service is throwing exceptions and needs to be brought back to full health. e.g. Go to Central Admin -> Manage Web Applications. ...


2

You could use try catch. If it always crashes. Not the cleanest way of handling it but this should do it. But I would call this a quickfix. SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(delegate() { using (SPSite site = new SPSite(SPContext.Current.Site.Url)) { SPServiceContext ctx = SPServiceContext.GetContext(site); try { ...


0

This might caused because the User Profile Service Application was trying to sync the Work Email with the AD attribute ‘ProxyAddresses’ and not with the attribute ‘mail’. Configure the User Properties import for Work Email: Check if the User Profile Sync Service has started. Go to the User Profile Service Application. Click on Manage User Properties and ...


0

You have to use the accountName for pulling data from the userprofile. You are now using .get_item("Name").get_lookupValue() , that gives you the display name. And I don't think there is SP.Userprofiles.js key in the _v_dictSod, I have always used the key userprofile. Could be SharePoint online thing. I just pulled your code together some just for a test ( ...


0

You need to activate the Farm-level Feature: Social Tags and Note Board Ribbon Controls Once that feature is enabled, the "About Me" will replace "My Settings" in the dropdown under your Username.


2

The user object needs to exist in a UIL. That's the primary responsibility of stsadm/Move-SPUser: to migrate users within the UIL to the new identity. The User Profile Service can, in certain scenarios, automatically migrate a user when it has detected a change, but from the sounds of it, you don't need to do any work for this particular user.



Top 50 recent answers are included