New answers tagged upgrade
Probably this link will help you: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/7b3389f0-c0e2-468b-9c26-611af8402a6b/the-execute-method-of-job-definition?forum=projserv2010setup
As mentioned in the comments, the issue was caused by Alternate Access Mappings misconfiguration. "File not found" errors in web parts and application page UI are often indication of underlying FileNotFoundExceptions thrown in the case of requesting a non-bound host header from an existing SharePoint web application.
To work around this issue, follow these steps to set the Approval workflow to start manually, and then disable the workflow to update the workflow status: Browse to the Document Library. Click the Library tab. In the Settings group, click Workflow Settings. Click the Approval workflow you created. Select the Allow this workflow to be manually started by ...
SharePoint 2007 and 2010 used Classic authentication as default, while SharePoint 2013 use Claims as default. So the error is simple telling you that the databases are configured for Classic but mounted to a Claims web application. You can create a web application that uses Classic authentication with PowerShell, but i think that is like asking for ...
Their is no direct way to upgrade from 2007 to 2013.There are couple of ways to get this done. OOTB, you have to adopt the database upgrade process, in which you need a SharePoint 2010 farm. You have to upgrade the database to SharePoint 2010 first then to upgrade to 2013. if you have only want to move the content then you can try to move manully from 2007 ...
Here is the microsoft documentation for the upgrade process from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013. The documentation contains steps to create a SP2013 farm also. Apart from Content databases, you can also upgrade your service applications from SP2010 to SP2013 by upgrading the databases. This will provide you good information.It contains the check-list to ...
I fixed the original issue by extracting all the patches using command prompt and manually running all the pathches. After that i ran Sharepoint Config Wizard, which upgrade all dbs except BDC application db. I fix the issue with BDC with Applying SPDATAACCESS role to the BDC database.
If the error is with the custom site template, you need to upgrade your SP2010 visual studio olution that contains site definition/templates to visual studio 2012 and deploy your solution in the target SP2013 environment. To be able to use custom site templates in SP2013, it has to be in the 15 HIVE. Also, while doing a visual upgrade from SP2010 to SP2013 ...
We did not find source of the problem, but our solution was to generate web control ID's in .NET v2 mode: <configuration> <system.web> <pages clientIDMode="AutoID" /> Now controls have right prefix "ctl00_". Source: .NET 4 prefixing changes.
Install Service Pack 1 and the September 2014 CU if you want the latest fixes and updates. You do not need to install any previous CU.
OK. After much beating around the bush, it was suggested about changing the Template Selection Experience Version. This is when you setup your Site Collection. Well, I wasn't too keen on the SharePoint 2013 look and feel (This may take some getting used to) so I set it to SharePoint 2010 Experience. However, I deleted the existing Site Collection ...
Top 50 recent answers are included