Tag Info

Hot answers tagged

3

Radu Tut wrote the post Managed Metadata Navigation for Multiple Site Collections in SharePoint 2013, stating: "When you try to bind the same navigation term set to a new site, you will get a message that says the term set is already bound to a different site, and if you choose to proceed, the navigation settings for the other site will be broken." I don't ...


3

Unfortunately you cannot filter the managed metadata for the parent and also return child terms when creating a view. An alternative is to turn on metadata navigation. This would give you a navigation control on the left hand side of the page to filter by fields. Clicking on a top level term here would also show all the items with sub terms. This can be ...


2

I think this will give you what you are looking for... // get the TaxonomyField from the Site Columns in the sitecollectionTaxonomyField field = (TaxonomyField)site.RootWeb.Fields[TAXONOMYFIELDID]; // get the Term Store ID from the field Guid termStoreId = field.SspId; // Open a taxonomysession and get the correct termstoreTaxonomy Session session = new ...


2

Solved it by setting the navigation to term driven navigation, this however created a new problem with the quick launch not showing the parent terms. New solution! Please check the answer to this question.


2

You can use getTerm method in sp.taxonomy.js library. //Current Context var context = SP.ClientContext.get_current(); //Current Taxonomy Session var taxSession = SP.Taxonomy.TaxonomySession.getTaxonomySession(context); var term=taxSession.getTerm("id of the term"); See more details here . ...


2

I have added a input button with ID btnTaxonomies, which is fetching the Terms from the Terms store using JSOM $(document).ready(function () { $('#btnTaxonomies').click(function () { SP.SOD.registerSod('sp.taxonomy.js', SP.Utilities.Utility.getLayoutsPageUrl('sp.taxonomy.js')); $('#btnTaxonomies').val("Getting Taxonomies, ...


1

I figured it out, don't know whether its perfect way out, for now it works... Used TaxonomyHiddenList to get the list of terms var oListTax = context.get_web().get_lists().getByTitle('TaxonomyHiddenList'); var camlQuery = new SP.CamlQuery(); camlQuery.set_viewXml('<View><Query></Query></View>'); collListItemTax = ...


1

I think there is already a similar question which has an answer for you. Query SP2013 Managed metadata term store


1

I think this article should help you: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff625182(v=office.14).aspx It says: By passing true to the bool includeDescendants parameter to TaxonomyField.GetWssIdsOfKeywordTerm, you get the lookup IDs for the term with the specified GUID, and you get the IDs for all its child terms. Once you get ID you can query ...


1

With that many terms, I think it would be better to use External Content Types, rather than MMS term sets. Have you considered that possibility? For one thing, I'd imagine that the relevant data is in a database somewhere, given the volume of items. Using external content types also ensures you're not forced to maintain a large volume of metadata that ...


1

I have blogged about it here: http://www.vrdmn.com/2012/12/working-with-taxonomy-and-javascript-in.html The code: $(document).ready(function(){ var scriptbase = _spPageContextInfo.webServerRelativeUrl + "_layouts/15/"; $.getScript(scriptbase + "SP.Runtime.js", function () { $.getScript(scriptbase + "SP.js", function(){ ...


1

What you could do is convert the list of your terms in something that is querable by LINQ and use it. For example: TaxonomyFieldValue v = null; TermCollection childTerms = null; var session = new TaxonomySession(site); if (session.TermStores != null && session.TermStores.Count > 0) { var termStore = ...


1

You can create a webpart which can search for collection of terms using this method, Term.GetTerms Method (String, Int32, Boolean, StringMatchOption, Int32, Boolean) MSDN Source Here's some sample code, TaxonomyFieldValue v = null; // Notsurehowtodothisbit(); TaxonomySession session = new TaxonomySession(site); if (session.TermStores != ...


1

make sure that the values are correct for CSV. In your csv file how is is seperated? like so? hello "," blah "," magic "," sweet as you can see between each text is "," or , now looking at your csv format I can see an issue with: Political Geography,"A sample term set",,True,"One of the 7 continents","Continent","Asia" instead ammend it and try: ...


1

The Managed Metadata Service, which houses the term store (Groups, TermSets, Terms), is a farm-wide service. Any PowerShell scripts or .Net SharePoint API code that modifies any of these must be executed on one of the servers in the farm, whether it's a Console Application, Windows Form, Webpart, Application (ASPX) page, etc. Overwriting (i.e. deleting and ...


1

So, this is my own approach, it is iterating the site collections, but not their contents. It just checks the TaxonomyHiddenList for the terms it contains. But if someone has a better idea, I would happily accept it :) $usedTerms = @{} Get-SPSite -Limit All | foreach { $web = $_.OpenWeb() $list = $web.Lists | where { $_.Title -eq ...


1

Yes, that is the simplest way to do it. I have only found two ways to rename a term programmatically: 1) Set the Name property and CommitAll on the Term Store: var site = SPContext.Current.Site; var taxonomySession = new TaxonomySession(site); var termStore = taxonomySession.TermStores[0]; var termGroup = termStore.Groups[0]; var ...



Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible