Hot answers tagged spservices
For some reason, although most people are able to use $(xData.responseXML).find("FieldInformation").each(function() I was having issues with it, so I used "responseText" in place of "responseXML". A user in the comments section helped me solve the issue privately. update: I found that this issue was simply a bug in jquery 1.9.1.. ...
You can have a look at my codeplex project SharePoint 2010 Autocomplete Lookup Field which is an custom lookup field that uses combination of JQuery and REST and it also supports multiple values. Additional filters can be specified using REST Query. There is 2013 version also available on codeplex.
So, that option number seven you pointed out above is jQuery Tokeninput. http://loopj.com/jquery-tokeninput/ I think you could wire that up fairly easily to work with your SharePoint list. Right now, when it needs to look up an item, it makes a request to a specified URL. I would just modify the source so that instead of calling an external URL to get ...
One way to implement a lookup on a large list is to stuff your list data into a text file containing JSON and upload the file to SharePoint. Then, do your lookup to the JSON file to achieve the autocomplete. This is one way around the large list (and lookup) difficulties of SharePoint. Although it does add some overhead for updating the data and it's not as ...
Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible