Tag Info

New answers tagged

0


1

We are facing the same issues. I have done some more research on this. It seems that some SQL queries run a lot when you request the site columns page in a subsite. I did the following on a test farm, since I'm poking around a bit in databases (which you should be carefull with). Step 1: clear DB stats. DBCC FREEPROCCACHE DBCC DROPCLEANBUFFERS Step 2: ...


0

Maybe the question needed to be more clear. I could not find certain fields while using jquery ajax to call the lists.asmx and call GetListItems. Apparently, by default, the call fetches fields that are present in the default view of the list. To answer the question: Simply add the fields needed to the default view (AllItems.aspx, in most cases) of the ...


0

You said you created a powershell script to iterate over the columns in the list. I suggest you modify this script to also iterate over all the Content Types in the lists and remove it if found. Then iterate over all the site level fields that could reference this type and remove them too. As you have 3 levels where it could be implemented you probably need ...


1

The error is caused by missing WSP (solution file), containing custom field type on your target SharePoint installation. You could try installing the WSP (old solution) which contains the custom field type, and then you remove it from site columns via GUi if you fail to find WSP, try to remove this custom field type via APIs or PowerShell for e.g here is a ...


0

I have removed this column from sql. It was available in the "ContentTypes" table.


0

instead of powershell use the UI, goto the list -> list settings -> click on the column and delete



Top 50 recent answers are included