Tag Info

Hot answers tagged

3

The ideal way is to edit the document library view and add additional columns on which you can filter and find the document. Another option is to modify the search results webpart and enhance the results view to add an extra link to (Edit/View) document properties. Here is a sample XSLT I took from this site <!-- A custom template to display a link to ...


2

So I figured out that the html for the "PurchasingSearch" page was not published. Both the .js and the .html need to be published.


2

You can use following query to get the result path:"https://siteurl" (ListID:{CC6FB9E2-92CE-444E-85C7-2E126DFF9ED0} OR contentclass<>SPListItem OR) The above query will give you all results which are not of type SPListItem. If you observe there is an OR condition where we are including search results from a single list. So in your case you should ...


1

Their are couple of ways you can do it. Method # 1 ( i am assuming you have the same kind of web application) take the backup of content DBs from Stagging restore into Dev farm, Detach the Old DataBase from SharePoint Dev farm Web App and Attach the New DB(stagging) deploy any solutions if you have. Make any changes to Web .config(if any). Method # 2 ...


1

One option that comes to my mind is using jQuery. On page load check if the search box has any values, based on that Show/Hide the results. Something like jQuery(document).ready(function(){ var searchValue = jQuery('#searchboxid').val(); if(searchValue == null || searchValue == '' || searchValue == 'Search...') { jQuery('#webpartid').hide(); ...


1

I am very embarrassed, but it looks like that search development just needs a lot of patience and carefulness. It looks like two things might have worked here for me: The first one Save the template file and navigate to the site collection Search Result Types settings page. A warning "Property Sync" should be visible - click on the suggested "Update" ...



Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible