Tag Info

New answers tagged

0

At times when Restore-SPSite PowerShell commands fail, the STSADM commands have worked for me occasionally. You could give it a shot. stsadm -o restore -url "siteurl" -filename "backupfilename" That being said, as rightly pointed out by Waqas, upgrading the environments to the right CU is the recommended option. If interested, you can check out few ...


0

Although i would strongly recommend against this workaround that i tried, i was able to restore my backup which had failed this version check. Open your *.bak file or the backup file in VS2013...It might take a while to open...If you have a good disassembler or one of those good old days tools used by s/w cr**kers, you can use them to edit the file. Ignore ...


1

You can use the [Force][1] Paramter. Force = Specify to overwrite an existing backup file if it already exists. Your command should be looks like this Backup-SPSite -Identity http://xyz -Path D:\SP_BACKUPS\test.bak -force


0

are you trying to backup the site collection of farm? Looks like it is farm back up. When the url parameter is used, a backup of the site collection is created. However when the backupmethod parameter is used, a backup of an individual database, Web application, or the entire farm can be created. Their is one more property which can help you ...


0

Another question on this site did have my answer. Thought I had tried everything! This worked. http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/a/125228/43132 $w = get-spwebapplication http://[urltodestinationwebapp] $w.GrantAccessToProcessIdentity("[destdomain\restoreaccount]")


1

Because you are trying to restore a site collection, I would remove the host headerwebapplication url from coomand i.e Restore-SPSite http://contoso.com/ -Path xxx.bak -DatabaseServer xxx -DatabaseName xxx -Force



Top 50 recent answers are included