Tag Info

Hot answers tagged

3

The persons id is per site, because the persons id is the id of the person's entry in the site's "User Information List". That's why you won't get the Id of the Person using search (because the search is working over more than one site collection, where the Person can have different id's). Also, the "User Information List" just holds only users which has ...


3

Explanation Based on your affirmative response to my comment, I've gone ahead and wrote this using the JSOM API. The script works by disabling the ReadOnly property on the RichMessage field, updating the values on your target item, and re-enabling the ReadOnly field. Up until now, this is the only working strategy I've found to change read-only fields from ...


2

It probably fails because you haven't set itemEntry.MMField = {}; Try using object literal notation (note __metadata): itemEntry.MMField = { __metadata: { type: "SP.Taxonomy.TaxonomyFieldValue" }, Label: '7', TermGuid: "7d5e44d8-e5a7-4eb7-9735-7b51cea64aa8", WssId: -1 }; Update: An alternative solution is to set HTTP request header ...


2

You can use the function I have added and call it like sendEmail("domain\\sender", "domain\\recipient","This is the body","Mail Subject");: var hostweburl; var appweburl; $(document).ready(function () { SP.SOD.executeFunc('sp.js', 'SP.ClientContext', sendEmail); }); function sendEmail(from, to, body, subject) { ...


2

You are trying to access a list in the Host Web from the App Web. To do this you need to do two things: Request permission to read the list in the app manifest Modify the url property of the request to use the cross-domain library The url should look something like this: var appUrl = GetUrlKeyValue("SPAppWebUrl"); var hostUrl = ...


1

In SharePoint 2013 On Premise we can send emails using REST API where we can utilise SP.Utilities.Utility.SendEmail for doing the job. Note: The recipient is limited to a valid SharePoint user for security reasons. function processSendEmails() { var from = 'asad@Example.com', to = 'someone@Example.com', body = 'Hello World Body', ...


1

You should do it like this: http://myserver.mydomain.com/sites/MyCompany/_api/web/GetFileByServerRelativeUrl('/sites/MyCompany/012_MyDepartment/Shared%20Documents/rm/MyToolConfig/config.xml')/CheckOut() And Request should be POST. Hopefully this helps.


1

In my experience you need to emulate what you get when you do a read (which you can see using a tool like Fiddler). In your case the code would be: var someNumbers = [4, 5]; var itemMetadata = { '__metadata': { 'type': archivo.d.ListItemEntityTypeFullName }, 'GerenciaId': $('#gerencia').val(), 'Planta_AreaId': $('#planta').val(), ...


1

The Microsoft documentation has this (along with examples in some standard languages, if it doesn't have yours Google it). REST is built in and unless it is blocked by firewalls or your user lacks permission.


1

The following example demonstrates how to create Document Set and set its properties: function createFolder(webUrl,listName,folderOptions) { var folderPayload = folderOptions; folderPayload['Title'] = folderOptions.Url.split('/').pop(); folderPayload['Path'] = folderOptions.Url.split('/').slice(0, -1).join('/'); //Create Folder ...


1

Assuming that you have only major versions enabled in document library. SharePoint's default behavior is the same when you are getting the version number in REST query. The checked in version is: 6.0 After checking out it became 7.0 version. However, if you want to display the last checked in version of the file you can get that idea from ...


1

Try URL webUrl + "/_api/web/lists/GetByTitle('LoggingList')/items(1)" Where 1 is the ID of item to update


1

Are you using SharePoint Online? We encountered this same issue with SharePoint Online recently that it started returning 403 errors to requests that have the "Origin" header set, which is the case for Postman as well as a few similar Chrome apps such as "Advanced REST client" and "REST Console." Although it may be the case that it was the behavior of Chrome ...


1

A co-worker ran across this issue, and I found the resolution to it on another site. It boils down to this: "To resolve this issue we need to pass Accept and Content-Type as application/json;odata=verbose to both the response headers and request headers. This way we will get JSON response." For a full explanation and walk-through, please see Prasad ...



Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible