Tag Info

New answers tagged

0

As mentioned in the comments, the issue was caused by Alternate Access Mappings misconfiguration.


1

You should create a site column of type choice and have following values News Company A Bulletins Company B Bulletins Company C Bulletins Local Annoucements Then add this site column to the Pages/SitePage document library. During migration set the site column value accordingly.


0

Finally I got the problem. After the migration to SharePoint 2010 the Web Services were also migrated as they were, with old references to to the SharePoint 2007 site. I didn know at the time I wrote this question, but the InfoPath form was relying entirly on this web services, where all the code behind was executed. After re-building the web services with ...


0

I am assuming you are talking about Farm Migration not one server migration. Migrating SharePoint farm from one domain to another is not easy process. You have to build new Farm on new Domain then restore the SharePoint farm backup. You can Move the SQL Server to different domain without any issue. There are hard coded references, so that is not ...


2

You have a Single Server farm and would like to migrate SharePoint server to a new domain Old Domain: FABRIKA.CONTOSO.COM New Domain: CONTOSO.COM Step 1: Preparations before migrating servers: 1.Check if the SharePoint Central Administration’s Application Pool is running under Network Service or using a Domain Account To verify: ...


0

For me also same issue. after migration from sharepoint 2007 to 2013. Please let me know the solution if your able to find.


2

Since you need to use the Client Object Model for apps, you will have to rewrite large parts (if not all) of your back-end code.


0

For my migration from developement environment to production I used this approach http://ittechnotebook.blogspot.com/2013/07/how-to-move-sharepoint-2010-site.html


0

So this is a form that has been published to a form library. This based on what you describe above. There are a couple of things I would check. First, have you verified all the data connections? Not saying this is the answer, but it might help. Another option, is that there is code attached to the form. Either C# or Visual Basic. You would have to expose the ...


1

you can use STSADM also for deployment following below steps: 1) Navigate to path C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\BIN 2)run STSADM.EXE 3)execute the command for backup stsadm -o backup -filename c:\filename.bak -url http://sourceurl 4)execute the command for restore stsadm -o restore -filename c:\filename.bak ...


0

If customizations are only editing the css and designer then you have couple of choices. Options # 1 Backup you site collections at dev farm using Backup-spsite Move the backup file to destination server(prod). Now restore the Site collection using Restore-Spsite command. This will restore all site level customization. Options # 2 Backup the Content ...


3

You should rename your custom field in your environment, if that can be done without any conflict or error. There might be some issue while updating a custom field name. Updating your content type with BuiltIn field Confidential , you will lose your data that is stored in previous fields. So you might need to copy your data from old field to new field.



Top 50 recent answers are included