New answers tagged

0

The documentation says you can filter by a list of items (Maybe using WORDS() operator or ALL() operator) but in my experience it's difficult to make it work the way you want it to. Check this post for a good reference on the operators: http://www.techmikael.com/2014/03/s15e01-kql-basics.html An easier way might be to have two fields where they only enter ...


0

Metadata (using Term Store) is most common way to store and maintain site navigation, including your case. I strongly suggest to use metadata navigation!


0

I am performing something very similar to your request. Since termstoremanager.aspx is located within the Hive15 LAYOUTS directory (/_layouts/15/termstoremanager.aspx), you could replace the file with a custom version. Now depending on the level of access you want to provide these users, you could do as you suggested and write some JS to grab the query ...


0

I've managed to get this working, using a custom page layout. This MSDN page steered me to the changes I'd need to make, and with some modifications to their code, I have it working just the way I wanted. First, this bit of code enabled me to put the navigation term directly into the <title> tag in the dynamic page, without any javascript. ...


0

You can set the page title like so: <asp:Content ContentPlaceholderID="PlaceHolderPageTitle" runat="server"> page title here | <SharePointWebControls:FieldValue ID="PageTitle" FieldName="Title" runat="server"/> </asp:Content> As to adding your tags... This might point you in the right direction: ...


1

I don't think there is a way to automatically associate a navigational term to a title of any page. That is not OOTB. You could do some custom JavaScript to get the URL name after window() is ready and place that into the title element. Or you can manually set the title of the page in the SEO properties of that specific publishing page from the Ribbon.


0

This may be overkill for what you are trying to do, but if I really needed the ability to filter by specific values, I would add an event handler to generated a value in another field and filter on that field. As I mentioned in my comment, you can't use calculated columns on lookup fields or managed metadata fields. If you could, you could easily create a ...


0

You need to carefully examine the ulslogs. And post back here with findings, otherwise it is total guess work.


0

I could not find anything helpful in the ULS logs. I ended up running iisreset on all the servers in the farm. Then I went back to the site, and the items started showing up in all levels of the hierarchy again. If anyone finds the true cause and way to fix this without an outage, please let me know!



Top 50 recent answers are included