New answers tagged

0

The details steps here : Open SharePoint Management Shell as Administrator. Type this command Get-SPServiceApplicationPool | select Id, Name Open IIS Manager > Application Pool > Match Application Pool GUID with the command result. Refer Get the corresponding SharePoint services name of the Application Pool Guid


0

I am so stupid. I forgot in SP2010, application pools created by CA or PowerShell are named with GUID. Hence when I open IIS manager I cannot find the new pools I created because they are named (e.g. 7caf285b-df15-91fgf-95a8-ca74edbddc01) Refer to this old post, I use Get-SPServiceApplicationPool | select Id, Name to get the GUID of pools and match the ...


1

Whenever I come under such requirement I always select the simpler and easy way to achieve it. Just navigate to the MySite Edit the page Keep Content Editor WebPart Write following JS code <script> window.location="http://UnderConstructionPageUrl"; </script> Save the page Once the MySite is ready just go and delete this Content Editor WebPart....


1

As per MSFT guidelines and industry recommendations, one farm should not have more than 10 App pools. You shouldn't cap the memory utilization of app pool, an app pool grows upto tons of GB and which will put your farm in risk. All app pool reserve the memory and other system resource. I had an experience where memory is 64 gb with 10 app pools and all the ...


0

This limit is dependent largely upon: The amount of memory allocated to the web servers The workload that the farm is serving, that is, the user base and the usage characteristics (a single highly active application pool can utilize 10 GB or more) You can also, check Comparing Application Pool limits in SharePoint 2016 with SharePoint 2013 /2010 / 2007


1

I found out what the problem was. After checking the EventViewer (which is recommended) I found some exceptions related to my custom service service similar to "...more than one endpoints configured...". I therefore fixed my configuration by adding this: <webHttpBinding> <binding name="RestBinding"> <security mode="None" /> </...


4

You might be victim of LoopBackCheck. Possible solutions: Bypassing your proxy server for local addresses (Source) Adding a team Web site to the list of trusted intranet sites (Source) SharePoint disable loopback check (DisableLoopbackCheck dword in registry)(Source) For me DisableLoopbackCheck worked.



Top 50 recent answers are included