New answers tagged

0

I didn't found the solution but for dark reasons, it's working now. Howevever, I can tell that one of the procedures (or the combination of them), described in the body of my question, solved my issue. I think it's the part with the alternate access mapppings. In the "alternate access mappings collection" drowpdown list in the page with the same name, I ...


1

I normally debug by attaching w3wp process. If you try running solution from visual studio it tries to deploy solution on virtual IIS and load it from there. In case of SharePoint that will not work.


0

1) From the Build menu in Visual Studio: click Build / Configuration Manager, then select Debug or Release. 2) On the toolbar, choose either Debug or Release from the Solution Configurations list box. 3) In the Configuration Manager window uncheck the "deploy" option for the choosen mode. Source from msdn here


1

I have gotten to the point now that I actually don't allow VS to push my solutions out any more. Instead I do a publish to my file system and then create a script that retracts the old solution, resets IIS and SPTimerv4 and then pushes the new solution out all via PowerShell. Run Uninstall-SPSolution then Remove-SPSolution perform the IIS and SPTimer ...


2

Since the question does not provide much debugging information, I will try to provide some common solutions based on my personal experience and the few hints I can get from your context. Option 1 Seem something you may get when the executing code is not up to date with your Visual Studio environment. I suggest that you try and restart the OWSTIMER process ...


2

You must perform a reset on sptimerv4 between retractions in order to unload the GAC'ed custom developed binaries.



Top 50 recent answers are included