Tag Info

New answers tagged

0

There are a lot of possibilities. In order to not shift the current paradigm too much, I would create a document library that has a content type associated with it that utilizes your existing excel file as a template. This will allow people to create new instances of the form that seem to be working well for you so far. This gives you the benefit of adding ...


0

In my listdefinition (schema.xml) I had some CT's. Like <ContentTypes> <ContentTypeRef ID="0x01"> <Folder TargetName="Item" /> </ContentTypeRef> <ContentTypeRef ID="0x0120" /> </ContentTypes> This was added when I used the "wizzard" in visual studio, where I added custom list. just remove all those if you ...


1

You have to add your field to the content type. See this post for more details. It describes your issue.


1

Try adding the attribute ShowInNewForm = "true" to your Field-Definition (Field ID=....) Reference : http://jasear.wordpress.com/2011/12/28/sharepoint-2010-list-fields-not-showing-up-in-edit-display-or-new-forms/


0

my advice is check the page with ?contents=1. eventually close and delete all unused webparts, or just remove them all and leave just the view and start over


0

I would have two search results pages: one for English, one for French, maybe each with a nation flag at the top for both pages that links to the culture's search page (preserving the search). You can even have some javascript on the search results page that hits the user profile service (through REST) that will try to determine which search result page to ...


0

I am in the same situation and would have thought this feature would be present in a product such as this. Your link was quite interesting although like you I didn't really want to have to delve into too much code (especially JavaScript) to get such a simple thing working like this. I basically came up with a crude method myself of creating a custom column ...


0

The rich text field will contain html markup, which by default may be displayed "as-is" on the xslt view. A solution for this problem - should this be the case - is to render the value of that field as html and not as plain text, which will cause the following example: <div class="ExternalClass13B6DE041BA246688B35022ED990042A"> <strong>test ...


0

I think I would create a content type that handled the fields and then build a list based on the Content Type. From there you could write a couple filter web parts or use the SharePoint Search Services to handle the list queries for the user. Search is much faster than other access methods. (Actually all this is easier in 2013, but you probably guessed I'd ...


3

Check-in/ Check-out is only available for document libraries. The physical check in/out process is done on the SPFile (document) and not the list item. List items can be tracked using versioning. sharepoint does not allow entry of values concurrently, meaning if you are modyfying list item 1 and user 2 also trys to do it, only after user 1 changes are ...


0

So this is the way, that I ended up doing it. It works, it's been tried and tested and no issues of errors. Caml Query with an ID column for comparing using (ClientContext clientContext = new ClientContext("https://mydomain.sharepoint.com/")) { SecureString passWord = new SecureString(); foreach (char c in "mypassword".ToCharArray()) ...


2

Since CSOM supports Request Batching that allows to minimize the number of messages that are passed between the client and the server, it matters how operations are submitted to the server using ClientContext.ExecuteQuery method: ClientContext.ExecuteQuery method performs the actual request to the server, it could contain single or multiple operations. So, ...



Top 50 recent answers are included