Hot answers tagged

3

I'd probably use a workflow on your first list to populate a field in your second list. So as invoices are added, the workflow would update a recieved field in the second list. Then in that second list, you can do a calculated colum Total - Received to get your remainder.


2

One way to do this would be to setup a workflow on the second list. When the value of the row gets set to invoiced it can update the first list. The other option is to create a custom edit form that includes some jQuery code the updates the second list.


1

You could always try using Search to meet this requirement.This will depend on you being able to create a fixed query which returns only the results you require and the results will not be 'real-time' but instead dependent upon the frequency of your crawl. I wrote a post about this a while ago if it helps.


1

What you need is basically to point in the ViewFields of the Query that you field could be Nullable at times by using <FieldRef Name='{0}' Type='{1}' Nullable='TRUE'/> replace {0} with field name and {1} could be TEXT or NOTE.


1

You can use the Project Properties to display information about the lis. In this case you would want <ProjectProperty Name="Title"/> See my blog post Project and List Properties Available from CAML.


1

Ok, I figured it out: <Webs Scope='Recursive'></Webs> <Lists> <List ID='A3466B28-090D-4480-B1F1-4C2260015F40'></List> <List ID='5F51BA17-84E8-455D-9D0E-706A0368C591'></List> <List ID='22928469-54C9-4475-9FFD-C245236FC989'></List> <List ...


1

You need to get a UserProfileManager (Sample at link) then either call GetUserProfile and retrieve properties from that or call GetStringSinglePropertyValueForUser if you only need a single property


1

The problem with workflow is that when a record in first list is removed the total in second list won't be updated. Because workflow doesn't run on delete action!


1

The issue with deletions can be solved by creating a custom permission level that prevents contributors from deleting items and including an explicit choice (checkbox) to indicate a request for deletion (or a workflow that runs on a zero amount). An additional problem exists if an item is updated, rather than added or deleted. In this case, a method to ...


1

You could use the the BCS (Business Connectivity Services in SP2010) is an out of box feature enabling external business data to be shared between site collections without writing any code. Here a link from microsoft http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee819133.aspx and here an answer from Stackexchange: Sharing data between multiple site collections


1

We already talked about sorting by date descending and taking only the first item, but the added wrinkle here is that you have multiple lists. So if you want to get the latest item per list, you still will want to do the sorting, but sort by site, and then by date (descending). Then you can use the ddwrt:NameChanged function to determine, for each item, if ...


1

I finally got this figured out. For some reason, whenever I tried to use ddwrt:UrlDirName it caused a problem when the HTML was produced for the browser. The URLs of the sub sites where not being passed correctly. It worked fine in SPD preview (design mode) but wouldn't display the same results in the browser. I ended changing the XSL sort expression and ...



Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible