Tag Info

Hot answers tagged

3

I had the same issue on a Publishing Page Libary. I set the toolbar to No Toolbar on the AllItems.aspx page. Removing the toolbar causes the page to stop processing. Browse to the AllItems.aspx page and edit the page > edit web part > check tool bar type. Set to Full Toolbar and save. This should resolve the issue.


3

This is indeed by design. Seeing as sandbox solutions are not allowed to deploy to the file system and content type / field (or any non- aspx / ascx resource, i.e. anything created declaratively through XML) can only be localized using Resource files stored in the RESOURCES folder in the 14 hive, this will not work. Features titles and descriptions CAN be ...


2

The short answer is that Office and SharePoint do not share the same context in IE and thus, do not share the same credentials. All office apps open up a new instance of Internet Explorer internally and then connect to the SharePoint site using that. If the site is such that it can pass windows/domain credentials (i.e. it is listed as in the Intranet Zone) ...


2

The point is that you're changing only title of the field, while the column internal name remains unchanged. This behavour is intended, overwise your programmatic functionality may broke down if user accidentaly changes the field title. Also, fields titles could be localized. So, if you need to change field internal name, then probably the easiest way to do ...


2

Before you explore options, you should consider your goals. I say this because each option provides a different level of coverage. You have one server now, but what happens a year or two down the road and you add servers into the farm? How will you back these servers up (or will you even need to)? What are your service level agreements (SLA) with the ...


2

UPDATE!! Just heard back from Microsoft. They also offer the following as a solution. They indicate that by changing the Inherits attribute to "FALSE" (or omitting it), and by prefixing the RESX key with the "_Res," value, this is a way of achieving this. <ContentType ID="0x01006d8d9c500d1f4f0b9cb80f36f177d7ff" Name="$Resources:_Res,Ctype1Name;" ...


2

In the first code snippet you have doubled the ' around getElementById. In the second code snippet you have forgotten the html: in front of getElementById Edit after James comment: If you are not using minimal download strategy, you do not have to use SOD.


1

According to your post, my understanding is that you could not save change to a file in SharePoint Designer. You can go to the masterpage gallery in SharePoint Designer, right-click on the file and select "Reset to site definition", then check whether it works. For more information: Unable to update page layout Could you edit the site and save changes ...


1

As Robert has said there are issues with the JavaScript. However, I had problems as well and had to add the following code to the base of my page to load the appropriate SharePoint scripts. The Initialise Page is a JavaScript function which sets up the page. ExecuteOrDelayUntilScriptLoaded(ITSP.TaskForm.InitialisePage, "sp.ui.dialog.js"); ...


1

Have you changed anything in sharepoint designer that you migh of removed? Cause: This error occurs because the discussion board, list, or document libraries original dispform.aspx was deleted using SharePoint designer. We have some dependencies on the original dispform.aspx so if this is ever deleted within SharePoint designer, this problem will ...


1

This error 99% of the time is due to an item, list or library not being present but having a reference to it. In this case, it is because the alerts are being made against one of the following: the wrong site, wrong list, at the wrong time (ie the list doesn't exist yet or at at the time where the Alert is being set.)


1

Don't confuse the version number shown when you go to the GAC with the file version. The version number shown is the AssemblyVersion which is used when clients specify which version they want to load. The file version specified in the kb article is the version of this dll implementing a certain assembly version. To see the file version of an assembly in the ...


1

Yes, thats already known since at least 2011. It seems to be an IE9 specific issue. There is also an answer from a Microsoft guy but without a real answer... http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/ieitprocurrentver/thread/3e561ee8-43bf-47dd-a7d4-a5db7b69379f


1

I just tried it and got the same error. Looks like sandbox solutions do not have access to resource file although feature attributes can be localized using feature resources. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg615454.aspx


1

You would have changed the display name (Title property), not the internal name (InternalName property). Fields are usually referenced by their internal names when using the API in SharePoint, although there are quite a few places where both the display name and title can be used. You must use the original name of the column, or recreate the field with the ...


1

SharePoint 2010 takes the document library's default Content Type (which by default is the first CT) as the CT of the document being uploaded in the Document Set, even when it's not an allowed CT of that Document Set. (which indeed seems to be a bug) The "New Document" ribbon item does however show the right Content Types that are allowed in the Document ...


1

I reckon your custom logo either located in the document library configured with certain permissions which result in your logo displayed correctly by SharePoint Designer OR your logo size is too big which result in IE failed to render it properly - the recommended size: 60 x 60 pixels To fix the first possible issue, I'd recommend to go with the basic. Copy ...



Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible