Tag Info

Hot answers tagged

9

Ok, there are APIs to support everything you're tyring to do, NEVER DIRECTLY EDIT THE web.config!!!!!!! Follow these easy steps: Package your custom error pages into a solution. Hey, if you're doing the 401 you might want to add a couple of others to support access requests too ;) Deploy the pages to {SP_Root}\Tempates\Layouts\MyErrorPages\ using a ...


6

for simplicity I will state the obvious! user is not authenticated and resource requires authentication this tells me there is somthing wrong going on with the hand shaking (your certificate is not sent or is wrong), as its a microsoft product the best place is to look at msdn. to make it clear please read this: The following step is optional. ...


4

Error 401 is for Unauthorized Access (or Access Denied). In a SharePoint site, "Access Denied" is managed at two levels - IIS and SharePoint. The web.config changes you did are meant for IIS. As "access denied" inside SharePoint site is managed by SharePoint, for IIS there is no 401 and hence no redirection. To set custom 401 page for a SharePoint site, ...


4

That page: AccessDenied.aspx uses a master page called simple.master and not a default.master located on master page gallery on each site. So you should start from there.


4

Try adding: _WebClient.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;


2

I imagine the reason is because SharePoint deals with authorisation, not authentication. You won't get SharePoint's access denied page as that is presented in cases where the users is authenticated but not allowed to see the requested resource (i.e. not authorised). As for a resolution, I imagine you would need to modify the Web app web.config file. This ...


2

Maybe also check the classic DisableLoopbackCheck tweak to your registry.


2

This sounds a lot like you are hitting the notorious NTLM Double Hop Problem and I'm sorry to say that there is no way around it aside from changing your authentication to Claims or Kerberos. Neither of which should be taken lightly. If your code runs on the one of the machines in the SharePoint farm you are attempting to interact with, then you can ...


2

I have finally pinned it down. It turned out to be the feature of SharePoint's REST. I needed to take UI language into consideration! For instance, in case of en-us locale the REST query should look like this: ?$filter=endswith(Path,'FolderName') But in ru-ru it becomes: ?$filter=endswith(Путь,'FolderName') Moreover, you need to escape Russian ...


2

I had similar problems. Instead of using ClientContext or TokenHelper, I switched to the new SharePointContext which you can read about here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/kaevans/archive/2013/09/24/introducing-sharepointcontext-for-provider-hosted-sharepoint-apps.aspx Once I made this switch, my 401 and 403 problems disappeared. The new SharePointContext uses ...


1

Take a look at this walkthrough, it's far more detailed than the one on MSDN. Configuring High Trust Apps for SharePoint 2013


1

One solution is to turn off the MDS feature. But check this link for other solution


1

Below is the solution, however the issue of anonymous users being able to see draft items has cropped up... SPList list = curWeb.Lists["Comments"]; // check if it has unique permissions if (!list.HasUniqueRoleAssignments) { list.BreakRoleInheritance(true); } // make sure people logged in can edit their own items list.WriteSecurity = 2; // turn on ...


1

If you are using SharePoint 2013 you cannot use SaveBinaryDirect, it does not work with claims authentication. The call made by SaveBinaryDirect does not include the required authorization cookies. Details are discussed in the comments to this blog post: How to do active authentication to Office 365 and SharePoint Online


1

Try http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896861 this is a common "gotcha" with any fqdn on the same server.


1

The problem was related to the OU the users where in. My main OU was at DOMAIN > MainOU > SubOU - in that OU are all my SharePoint groups and users. Let's take the "SharePoint Users" group as an example in that OU. It has permissions to contribute on the SharePoint. I now had a different OU at DOMAIN > DifferentOU for test users. I gave these test ...


1

The thisSite.AllWebs is loading all webs so unless all of the allow anonymous access this will fail. Replace it with using (SPWeb targetWeb = thisSite.OpenWeb("/en-us/blogs/")) or SPWeb targetWeb = SPContext.Current.Web


1

If you are using a reverse proxy like ISA Server 2006 you likely need to add the new sites to the "public names" tab. Here is an example of the dialog.


1

401s are always perfectly normal. A browser sends a request to a web server, as anonymous, the server responds with 401 auth is required, then the browser auths appropriately, if it is able to. Since the connection is stateless, you'll be seeing lots of 401s.


1

The crawler is using the default content access account to do this. It seems that it don't have access to your Exchange Public folders. If you defined other way of authentication in the Content type crawl rules, you need to ensure that you can authenticate to the email AND the attachment with that very user.


1

My guess would be that resources are running out / not getting returned in time. I would suggest that you apply a performance trace on .net counters (CLR for SQL for example), TCP connections and any other resource that you feel you application will consume over the soak test. Look for items that fit a profile of resources that are pulled from a pool ...



Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible