I'm new to SP. I have done tons of reading and am a .Net developer but I'm looking for the best, out of the box, way to do the following (any guidance would be greatly appreciated as I'm always looking for the BEST way to do things):
- Daily personnel accountability by section
- One admin per section would go into SP each morning
- They would have a list of personel in their section (this list can be hand editted--doesn't have to pull from AD)
- They would mark each person on their list as Present, Absent, Sick, etc...
- Reports could then be generated for all sections individually or together for the whole organization. Daily records would be stored so that history reports can be run.
- KPI indicators could be used against this data in a Dashboard for the whole org, then drill down by section, then to detail
I have played around with the lists, the Access grid, etc. But those aren't storing the daily record. Should I think of this in terms of InfoPath forms being submitted each day?