While moving some docs around in SP2013 today I noticed that while OWApps shows prview windows, opening the document in the browser greets me with this message:
Nothing in my configuration has changed for many months, and the last version of OWApps I installed was February 2013, for PDF support. Firing up Chrome and navigating to the same location, I can open and view the document just fine in OWApps. Anyone know what the deal is here?? I'm not sure when exactly it quit working, our organization doesn't really make use of OWApps extensively.
The only error I can find in the OWApps ULS is this:
ULSClientScriptException14 parameters:Hosted_Word_Web_App;15.0.4481.0;MISSING;Object_doesn't_support_property_or_method_'selectSingleNode';Netscape;5;MISSING 1e69e9e1-71a6-4af3-9a17-f36b9340bce9 Object_doesn't_support_property_or_method_'selectSingleNode';
The entries above that pertain to retrieving the document, and that all seems to go fine. I'd like to think OWA is working fine, because it does work in Chrome 100 % of the time.
It's only in IE11 11.0.9600.16428IS that I get this error.
Further testing shows that simply changing the User string in emulation mode to anything other than default when in Edge mode allows the page to load fine. All other modes other than Edge allow the page to load fine as well. I'm pretty sure this has got to be a IE issue rather than a problem with OWApps.