Take the 2-minute tour ×
SharePoint Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for SharePoint enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I've moved some common code into a class library for my SharePoint Feature.
I added it to the feature dependencies, I fooled with the package to make sure that the DLL is deployed correctly. I marked everything as 'WebApplication' deployment.

Everything compiles correctly, but when I go to deploy it...

Error occurred in deployment step 'Activate Features': Could not load file or assembly 'SPSureCommon, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6422b3acc455bdc9' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Can any one tell me how to troubleshoot this? I mean, IF it actually deployed and crashed at runtime I could at least feature out what DLL is missing.

Package

share|improve this question
add comment

4 Answers 4

up vote 2 down vote accepted

First, check the GAC (C:\windows\assembly), is your dll there?

If it is, check that the token/version is the same as the one your a referencing in code.

Also, you might be deploying to a different web application, do a full IIS reset

If the DDL isn't in the GAC, then there is something wrong with your package.

Check the pkg/pkgobj directories to see if the dll is there, also open up the wsp (rename to cab) and check it is inside.

Try activating though central admin

share|improve this answer
    
I was trying to be a good citizen and keep everything in the web application folder. That said, I was able to get it to work if I put this single library in the GAC. –  user2062 Jan 30 '11 at 14:54
add comment

Double click your Package folder and Add the assembly from a the appropriate option (file or project output)

Once you have that referenced you should be able to deploy no problem.

share|improve this answer
add comment

Use the Assembly Binding Log Viewer to see what is going on.

share|improve this answer
    
I couldn't get the Fusion log view to show me anything. –  user2062 Jan 30 '11 at 14:55
add comment

Set deployment target to GAC and see if it works. Might be another issue somewhere else.

share|improve this answer
add comment

Your Answer

 
discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.