I have two site collections in SharePoint Online environment (Office 365 dedicated).
Site A: https://SharePoint.com/sites/SiteA (Data Source - Read Only Access)
Site B: https://SharePoint.com/sites/SiteB (Data Consumer)
Requirement is for Site B list items linked to Site B list itmes. When an item is created or changed on Site A it creates or changes linked data on Site B. Currently Site A list can be viewed on Site B with a data view consuming a SOAP web service from Site A. This is a live feed but it cannot respond to any changes i.e. start a workflow or highlight what was recently modified. Ideally this would be an external list then workflow could handle the business logic .. I just need to get the data into a list on Site B so it can be acted on using OOTB SharePoint to do the rest.
Environment is running 2010 which will upgrade to 2013 in Q1 2014.
- No access to BCS or Secure Store
- Sandbox does not allow cross-site calls, so no code in the Sandbox
- This will be a business user environment with limited development support
- SPServices and jQuery - how to create a list item from a web service?
- InfoPath Filler form with code behind - no full trust and no sandbox
- jQuery with JSONp
- Event receiver - how to get around the Sandbox x-site restrictions
- WCF - how to get around the Sandbox x-site restrictions?
Please, any thoughts would be helpful! Lone developer here