I have created the following on my SharePoint 2013 development environment:-
- Created new managed path
- Create a new site collection of type publishing site.
- Create sub sites under the main site collection.
- Modify some page layout such EnterpriseWiki.aspx page using the SharePoint designer.
- Created a metadata term set.
- Assign the Wiki Category column to use the metadata term store.
- Created a Farm web part using visual studio and I have added this web part to each subsite.
- Assign unique permission levels to each sub site.
- Some other minor tasks…..
Now I has tested the SharePoint web application and I did the UAT on the development environment. and now it is the time to move the SP application from development to production server. The only differences will be the usernames and group names since on the development I used local users names for testing, while on production serve i should assign the permission levels to real username and groups.
So my question what is the best way to move the web application to production without the need to re-create or re-configure the modules again.