Here is what I did.
- Linked an Access table to a SharePoint List
- Made a duplicate of the table not Linked and left it on my hard drive
- Updated the local version
- Wrote a SQL INSERT That looks for changes in the local version and then tries to update the List version.
- All fields are identical except the local table doesn't have any of the additional field that sharepoint creates when it makes it into a list (i.e., created by)
- The script detects the differences but upon insert it fails due to a "Validation Rules Violation"
Any thoughts on how to fix this?