The situation began like this:
- We upgraded our SharePoint 2010 (using the Project Server 2010 February 2013 Cumulative Update)
- We found a bug where on the 'Project Page' layout the 'Managed Metadata' field called 'Wiki Categories' will throw a HTTP 500 AJAX call to the TaxonomyInternalService -> GetMatches and GetSuggestions functions
- A fix for this was to go to Central Admin -> Manage Web Apps -> General Settings -> Turn off Web Page Security Validation
- But we have noticed now that the Site Settings -> More Option -> Create list, site etc. will throw a 'Silverlight Unhandled Exception'
- The answer on the net to fixing this bug is to turn Web Page Security Validation 'On' which will re-introduce the Taxonomy AJAX issue.
Does anyone have any idea how to fix these issues or have experience in dealing with them?