On occasion we have found that when we have issues with the database during backup time that on the restore the Site Administration account gets created anew and the previous one is deleted. Within the SharePoint Content database if I search for the Site Collection Administrator I see two accounts with the login, from what I understand there should only be one. The biggest difference is the tp_Title field is updated with information that is different than the original account, the tp_Title seems to come from the AD account information and shows up as a subtle difference.
Has anyone encountered the same issue where the Site Collection administrator account is updated during database backup or restores when it never occurs during any other time.
Some things I am seeing:
- The tp_deleted column for the original SA has its tp_ID within it
- the tp_deleted column for the new account is 0
- The tp_Login for both accounts are the same, I am not finding white space in the login name as per the threads I noted above
- This occurred during a time we did database backups and this time had a network outage so AD would have been unavailable