SharePoint Designer Workflow
we have an action that creates a folder item in a list and then copies a PDF document from a different list to that newly created folder. After an IIS or AppPool reset I receive a WebApplication not found, on the first and sometimes the second pass, however subsequent runs will work fine.
We added a 1 minute pause before the copy action the generates this error but it still occurs after the aforementioned resets. We added in an additional action to check for the folder item also before the move action and it comes back with the found folder item. Both lists are in the same site.
This is the associated workflow error
WebApplicatoin at (http...) could not be found. Verify that you have typed the URL correctly. If the URL should be serving existing content the. Error occurred while copying list item (extended)
We have validated the paths passed via the variables on first pass as correct. I've attempted to load up the entire site first prior to initiating workflow (aka warmup) to ensure it is available.
I've seen this with security issues on a list however, it brings me back to the why it only fails on first/second passes, but works on the third. Permissions are not being changed, and the user at least testing the workflow has proper permissions.
ULS has List Not Found errors, but not enough details in the reporting to determine which list is causing this error (as in is it the list I'm trying to use).