My current situation is as follow:-
- I have a team with asp.net MVC experience , entity framework, jQuery +SQL server
- We have built many web applications using the above technologies.
- Currently we are going to start a new SharePoint 2013 project, and we do not have previous experience in SharePoint before.
Currently my view point is a follow:-
- From what I have read so far SharePoint 2013 is built on web forms and there is no place for asp.net MVC inside it. At least for the current version!!.
- But I was attending an online training as they mentioned that the only way to use asp.net MVC within SharePoint is to build Apps inside SharePoint 2013, but without giving further explanation on how/where to use them.
My questions are:-
- I am not sure what does building asp.net MVC Apps mean and what I can use these Apps for?
- Are there online tutorial for implementing such integration between SP & MVC?
- And will building mvc apps inside SharePoint 2013 give an advantage over building web forms apps?. I mean can we feel the advantages of MVC framework inside SharePoint project such as (separation of concern, extensibility, its full compliance of the http web architecture, using data annotations for validations, etc), or the only advantage I will get si that the time will be less since my team are experience in MVC?
Thanks in advance for your help. BR