I need to set up the development environment and the production environment for SharePoint 2013. I have read the following link on MSDN http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262485.aspx which mentioned the environment specification for SharePoint 2013 , baring in mind that i am going to install the database and the SP server on the same machine , so i should use the following :-
- 8 to 16 GB or RAM.
- 4 processor cores
- 64-bit edition of Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Standard
- 64-bit edition of Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- 80 GB for system drive
- Visual Studio 2012 Professional
And our size for the application is as follow:-
• We have two software developers that will be working on developing SharePoint on the development environment.
• For the production environment we have around 60 internal users & 100 external users.
So i have the following three questions:-
Does the link http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262485.aspx talk about the production environment specification OR the development environment specification?
So should i apply the above system specification twice one for the production and the other for the development environment ?
or the production environment should have better specification (than the ones mentioned above( compared to the development environment.?.