We are running a ticketsystem on Sharepoint 2010 which got alarmingly large over the last few months. The ListView Threshhold currently sits at 15k for this WebApplication.
I am currently looking for a suitable way to remove old items from that list and write them into a table on our SQL server.
So my plan would be something along those lines:
- eventhandler gets fired daily/weekly
- check list for items older then 3 months
- check if items have status 'implemented'
- put items into datatable
- delete items from List 'Tickets'
- load items into SQL server table.
Is there any flaw in my bulletlist above? I am looking for resources on any of the above steps or even better ways to implement this.