We are using SharePoint 2010 Enterprise and have a User Profile service set to synchronize against AD DS.
When a user's username changes, because of marriage or mis spelling, there are a set of actions we need to go through to ensure they can still access all the site collections they are entitled to. These are :
- Farm.MigrateUserAccount(old, new , false)
- Determine if user has mysite - mysite url is based on Username. If a mysite is defined whe must:
- Backup mysite
- Restore in new place
- Delete old mysite
- Clean up backup
- Check user details correct - some of these may not sync sometimes (First Name, Surname, Display Name, Email address, Mysite url, Personal site)
- Clean up UserData tables - artifacts are left behind which interfere with the correct operation of the sites. These are deleted.
- Ensure user is Site Collection Admin of their mysite
Currently these actions are performed manually and it is a time consuming process. We wish to create a tool to perform them for us, but I wanted to find out what is considered best practice regarding name changes before we do.