I created a new SPO Office 365 Developer account, created a developer site, installed NAPA, built and deployed a new sp app all online... seemed to work fine. I was able to then open it with VS 2012 locally after installing the SPO Dev Add-in (see my prior question and thank you).
However If I create a new SP 2013 Application first with vs 2012 and set a SharePoint URL of the developer site I get "application slideloading not enabled". If I create another new vs 2012 sp 2013 application and set the sp location to the my root spo site, the project seems to have many more objects and deployment seems to be working.. but eventually get app failed to install after about a minute with failed to publish or something.
Am I limited here because I only have a Developer Account and not SPO Plan2 or something?
Huge help to anybody who can help clear my thinking on this new technology.
- Do I need to do or enable something on my spo environment so I can deploy new apps from vs2012, or does the app need to be started by NAPA first (which I doubt)
- How do I change the destination SharePoint URL in a vs2012 project once the project is created.. i've looked everywhere.
- I tried to open a new SPO site and pages through Visual Studio 2012, but it does not appear to be supported? Possible to edit a sharePoint Online page that is not in a App?
- I seem to be navigating blind and hear SPD 2013 no longer offers designer view either. Is there any way to edit SPO pages graphically, beyond Edit Page in SPO? What if I want to mess with XSLT of a List View? I'm not sure even how to open the page in VS 2012?
- I don't see anything like a SharePoint Designer DataViewer Webpart in VS2012 .. is there one?
Two high level development model/deployment type questions:
- Say I have an SPO site i created manually online with a customSP list and inside a custom page with a view to that list. Say I want to modify that View to join in some columns (with key) available in a WCF oData Service? What type development model and deployment would you recommend?
- Same as #5, but say I want to modify the stock newform to add some jQuery smarts to form so that it makes some fields disappear based on a radio button? What model for development/deployment would you use in SPO?
Many Thanks in Advance for your help with this!