I want to create custom sequential document approval work flow and then have some more functionality to add to it once its all done, i have did a little research and it seems like i would need to create a form which the approval will fill to approve or reject a document when uploaded to the doc lib. Can i use an out of box approval workflow with this custom workflow. so i have to create a custom form for it. If so can any one provide a link to such a article.
If my memory serves me right the SharePoint 2007 SDK had as one of its samples, the Out of the Box Approval workflow which would be a great start for your project!
If you look at the description of the v1.2 version of the SDK you will see the item Approval Workflow Sample.
◦ Custom Workflow Report Query Generator
◦ Custom Workflow Report XLSX Injector
◦ Visual Studio Workflow Templates
◦ Enterprise Content Management Workflow Activities
◦ List Item Activities
◦ Hello World Sequential Workflow
◦ State Based Approval Workflow
◦ Modification Workflow
◦ Replication and Contact Selector Workflow
◦ Intersystem Purchase Order
◦ Confidential Approval Workflow
◦ Group Approval Workflow
◦ Approval Workflow Sample
◦ Multi-Stage Workflow
◦ Server-side Collect Signatures Workflow