I got stuck! :P
My goal: New form in source library ====> New form in target library [both web-browser enabled, following Infopath templates]
- Using "create list item" action within a workflow (which runs when an item is created in the original library) step in SharePoint Designer.
- It works as supposed and creates the form in the target library.
- However, these forms can't be opened from the web browser. (Depending the case, it could throw an error like the following one: "This form cannot be opened in a Web browser. To open this form, use Microsoft InfoPath.").
Just to clarify what I've already done and (re)checked:
- I've set "Open forms in web browser" as default option in the target library.
- When creating forms using the option "add new document", they are perfectly added to the library (and accesible/editable through the web browser itself).
Does anyone have any clue about this issue? I've been searching a long time in Google without any luck ( there's a similar -unaswered- question here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-BZ/sharepointcustomizationlegacy/thread/905b4140-5bd3-4371-8aa0-f4ef9d4d7360 ).
Thank you very much in advance!
I've just found out that the SPD is creating a .xsn file instead of the .xml created when "adding a new document" (manually).
This gave me more ammo to "google" the issue, and found that this is a kind of weird behavior of SharePoint ... and several workarounds ( 1) http://www.bizsupportonline.net/blog/2009/06/create-infopath-forms-sharepoint-designer-workflow/ and 2) social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointcustomizationprevious/thread/903d70e9-0fd0-4092-b4e2-cb3a0cd7baa9 )
Isn't there a cleaner way to achieve this? Is this problem solved in SP 2013? Any hint would be really appreciated! ;)