As part of my SharePoint Server 2013 setup I sometimes need to integrate the new workflow infrastructure into the farm. I've followed the documentation starting from the SharePoint side of things:
From here I installed and configured the components based on the linked documentation (this part is not SharePoint specific):
- Overview: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj193478.aspx
- Configuration: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj193510.aspx
Based on the information in the SharePoint docs I will have to run the following command to allow communication (for my example I use HTTP on sharepoint and workflow manager):
Register-SPWorkflowService –SPSite "http://collab/" –WorkflowHostUri "http://sp2013-01:12291" –AllowOAuthHttp
Reading the documentation for this cmdlet i'm not sure I have to execute this command for all site collections that should run the on new workflow infrastructure (non SP2010 WF).
Configures the SharePoint host to use a workflow service
SPSite | Required | Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell.SPSitePipeBind | Specifies a site collection to configure
- Do i need to execute this command once and the site collection will store some config information?
- or Do i need to run this command on every site collection that should use the new workflow infrastructure?
- Windows Server 2012 Standard English
- SharePoint Server 2013 English
- MS SQL 2012 SP1 Standard English
- Workflow Manager 1.0
- 1x Domain Controller
- 1x SharePoint Box running also Wokflow Manager
- 1x SQL Server